Saturday, November 9, 2013

The 100 Word Story With No Title

So Her Supreme Awesomeness over at The Klonopin Chronicles posted this thing on Facebook about a 100 word story contest and said she was gonna give that exercise a whirl on account of having probably written 100 word sentences before and I was like, I should try that, too, on account of having also probably written 100 word sentences my own damn self. So I didn't enter the contest but I wrote this and I don't have a title. I suck with titles. Oh, and I posted it here because I haven't posted anything in a long ass time. Because dang, I've been busy and stuff, yo. But that's a post for another time.

By the way, that first sentence was only 63 words.

The 100 Word Story Without a Title

Imagine a life in which one takes responsibility for nothing. Everything is someone else’s fault. Every problem is due to circumstance and misfortune and not the fact that one's personality has unraveled and deteriorated to the point that they feel they owe nothing to anyone. Not even when they owe so much to so many. What must it be like to be unfettered by societal rules where one reaps what one sows and one gets what one gives and instead to take and never give. Imagine what it is like to be in the orbit of that person. It’s awful.

It's kind of a bummer of a story but it's what came to mind in that moment. I could totally do a 100 word happy story but this was the one that needed to come out today, I think.

No comments: